Pmerems

Well Known Member
Advertiser
I just received my Hartzell CS prop shiped via FedEx Freight. I was very surprised at the shipping cost.

The box is approximately 80" x 12"x12" and weighs 88 lbs.

Cost from Hartzell (Ohio) to Tucson AZ $163 plus another $73 for residential delivery. Total $236!!!!!!!!!!

Well I picked it up at the FedEx Freight to save the residential delivery costs.

My shipping costs from Van's to my door for the wing kit or fuselage kit or finishing kit were in the neighborhood of $250-$350. These boxes were much larger and 4x5 times the weight of the prop shipment. A friend in town just received his RV-8 wing kit and he paid less then $300 for shipment to his door so even though my kits are a few years old the current shipping costs are still close to the price I recalled paying.

The only thing I can imagine caused this increase is the higher insurance coverage on the prop. Ohio is a bit further then Oregon so there maybe an additional amount but $236 to my door seems kind of expensive compared to the the kits shipped from Van's.

What have others been paying for the shipping?

Paul

Fed Ex has increased costs substantially in the las couple of months. My shipping costs went up around 35% this summer and havn't come down at all since the fuel crises. Don