CNEJR

Well Known Member
Well Saturday was a big day. N349CE became an airplane, not just a collection of parts. Everything went well, the DAR gave it a good look, liked what he saw and even compliemented me on a well built plane. Didn't have to change anything or fix anything. Only one squawk from me, I thought I was going to get a 25 hour fly off. Had a certified O360 A1A and a brand new Hartzell HC 2YR-1BF with blended airfoil blades (I think the blade #'s are 7496???). No 25 hour fly off because he couldn't find where that combination had ever been used on a certified airplane.....bummer. Oh well, he did give a pretty sizeable fly off area though.

Just happy to get this "Bad Boy" finished. First flight will probably occur this week some time.

Long time coming

Good going Chuck. Wasn't surprised when you reported the DAR found zip, zero, nadda squawks. Folks, Chucks RV is built like a watch. Nicest one on our end of the airport that I've seen. :cool:

Looking forward to seeing it in the air. I'll chase you around the pattern a while in my 10.

Congratulations Chuck on getting your pink slip!

Just from my own personal experience, I have found 25 hours to be insufficient to properly flight test the entire flight regime anyway. I put together some flight test cards for my RV-6 that have now been widely copied all over the Internet that step you though slowly expanding the flight envelope. Since you got 40 hours, might as well put them to good use.

Treat each hour of flight with a purpose and carefully and methodically check out every aspect of your new bird. Then, when the time is finished, you can fly confidently knowing exactly how your RV will behave. Good luck, have fun, and fly safe.

Thanks for the kind words, really excited about the coming days. I'll be 60 on Friday the 27th, a good birthday present would be a sucessful test flight.

Congratulations and Happy Birthday Chuck!!!!!!!
Not surprised the DAR gave you a clean look see. You have set a standard for all of us to meet. Can't wait to see YOU flying you completed gem!!

Bill Donahoe
RV-10 Emp Kit
Conroe, TX

Thanks Bill, It's setting in the hangar waiting for a break in the weather. Saturday looks pretty windy (20mph xwind), Sunday looks like it might be good. All I know is that it's ready and thank God, I'm kinda tired of building for awhile.

It appears that this...

...combination is the only certified one...

HC-F2YR-1FP blade F7497

LYC O-360-A1A, -A1C, -A1D, -A1F,-A1G, -A1H, -A1P
74 inch max - 72 inch min diameter

Details here -

FAA TCDS link

Gil, I can't seem to bring that website up. Can you give me more information on that combination? Might be able to get my DAR to adjust if I could find one.

If you have the 7496 blades you are SOL because Harzell didn't develop those for too long, but the 7497 blades are certified on the A1A on the Mooney M20C, the IO-360-A1A on the M20E, and the IO-360A1B6/A3B6 on the M20J.