chris mitchell

Well Known Member
Patron
Although the 7497 was very firmly recommended to me at the time I bought my prop and engine, the only TCDS from Hartzell I can find is for the O360 and states that there has been no aerobatic testing. The Light Aircraft Association here in the UK are giving me a hard time about this, so in hope, can someone please point me to an updated TCDS or alternatively some other documentation that the combo is safe, works and is fine for aeros?

Many thanks

Chris Mitchell

I'm delighted....

... for you guys, really I am.

But does anyone have any documentation they can share with me??

Thanks

C

For what do they need aerobatic testing? The 7666 very famously fails under regular aerobatic loading. I don't think you'll find anything on this, because the prop wasn't designed for acro....

For what do they need aerobatic testing? The 7666 very famously fails under regular aerobatic loading. I don't think you'll find anything on this, because the prop wasn't designed for acro....

Interesting...the Super Decathlon has a Hartzell 7666 and is certified fully aerobatic...

The ones I have heard of were Harmon Rockets.... But I believe a few Decathlons and Supers have cracked the old and especially the -A hubs. The -A hubs were considered to be the most dangerous, because there was no grease leakage or external indicators before the blade left... There was an AD on the Aerobatic application long before the general application, but I'm not sure that a prop is specifically 'approved' for aerobatics...? Obviously a LOT of props are used in those applications.