Which harness latch system do you like most? What color?

• Latch & Link $

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Cam Lock $$

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Grey on my two tone grey upholstery

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Black on my two tone grey upholstery

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brantel

Well Known Member
I am trying to decide if I want Latch and Link or Cam Lock latches on my Crow's I am about to order.

What is your preference and if you can, please tell me what you like or dislike about the ones you are familiar with.

There is a $100 difference for the set in the two methods so I want to make sure the Cam Lock is worth it! :D

Also, since I am color stupid, please tell me what color you would use with two tone Grey (and Maroon highlight) upholsery from Flightline Interiors...

Here is what I am planing either with latch and link or cam lock:

2" Y shoulder harnesses, 1/4" bolt in type, pull down to tighten, customized in length for a big dude in a RV7
2" lap belt, 1/4" bolt in type, pull up to tighten, customized for a big dude in a RV7, I think that is 55"
2" crotch strap, 1/4" bolt in type
Sewn in shoulder pads

Fred from Crow quoted $140 each for the Cam lock and $89.95 for the latch and link. (the pads are $20 each set)

Last edited:
I had the Latch and Link style in my RV-8

Very easy to use (though most people who had never seen it before didn't figure it out).

No way would I pay an extra hundred dollars for the Cam style.

Just my 0.02

Try using both (before buying)... and you'll never wanna use latch+link again (at least, that's how I feel). I think Crow's camlocks are reasonably priced... approx $250 for a pair is pretty good considering other options...but then we've been groomed for "aviation prices"

Brian,
I bought Crow harnesses with camlocks virtually identical to what you have with the exception that I went with 3" lap belts. We ended up getting black, since I have gray seats with granite accents. I've got quite a bit of time with each latching mechanism. My personal preference is camlocs as they allow you to easily remove the shoulder tangs, when not needed (ie at cruise). Another reason I went with camlocs is for the passengers. I believe it is easier for them to buckle up and remove the tangs with a camlock, then it is to assemble the other type of latch. Either way you can't go wrong with Crow harnesses, they are first rate.

camlocks

I used camlocks in my 9A, and I like them, but...the stick hits them when I pull the elevator full aft...Take a look at your stick travel, and spare tire!! I opted to lose 10 pounds instead of buying new harnesses!!

ATB...Chris