aeabe

Just a question, has anyone seen/tried/experienced the Harbor Air Supply 3X rivet gun? According to the write up it has a feather trigger, etc. For $99.99 the price is right.
Thanks

May be out of date, but I bought a rivet gun from HF (as a backup) when starting my project in 2007, and it was garbage - literally fell apart out of the box.:mad: I don't recall the model etc. At least they gave me a refund when I returned it. The conventional wisdom is to spend the money to buy a good gun at the start and it will be reliable for years.

YMMV

cheers,
greg

I've had the rivet gun from ATS for a couple years now. Its cheaper and still works great.

Avoid harbor freight for anything that has that much importance on your aircraft or finishing work.

You will be very up close and personal with a rivet gun for the duration of your build. Buy a known good brand and you won't regret it. I have a Souix and love it but there are other good ones too. Good luck

That's what I thought, but Just wondered. I have bought some stuff from them which works O.K. for "rough" work, but have been very disappointed with other stuff from them.
Thanks

'Cheap Tools

Recommend that you buy the best tools that you can afford - rarely will you find good bargains. I recommend that you consider used tools from the VAF members if you can. I have also bought a few really good tools from E-Bay but you need a seller who will guarantee the tools and who has a good track record. Buy good tools and you will never regret it. I don' buy anything from HF that has more than one moving part. Some have had better luck with HF stuff than I. YMMV. Good luck

HF Air Hammer - Great product????

I believe I have an exception to the HF experience, and a recommendation!

I bought the $10 HF Air Hammer kit, and I use it just for Skins. Good feather control on trigger and built-in pressure control works GREAT! I already had a good 2X gun, but I wanted something smaller and lighter for skins.

3.5 years into the project. We are done with Tail, Wings, control surfaces and 1/2 way through Fuse, and I LOVE the gun. $10 and a really nice finish.

I bought the kit, but did not use the accessories. I use the avery 3/4" fixed flush set with guard.

NOTE: I do not use this for any other rivets, just the AN426A3-xx

your mileage may vary, see your dealer for details. Offer not availalbe in all state. void where prohibited Serious injury or death may be possible. Proceed at your own risk.

And no. I do not work for HF or have any contacts other than being a customer.

Dkb
:D

FUD warning...

Ummm.. OK

Do a search where?

Different frequency? Like a hand squeezer has a frequency of one impact per minute?

------------- tons of ranting stuff deleted -------------

OK, I think this is FUD, but I can be wrong. :eek:

Comments?

David,
Those air hammers hit at a different rate than rivet guns and can do damage to Your rivets. Do a search and you will find the info.

Search

Ummm.. OK...Do a search where?

In the dark blue header running across the top of this page, the sixth option from the left says "Search." Enter "air hammer rivet gun" and you will see many threads in these forums discussing this topic.

My rule on Harbor Freight is to not buy anything there that has moving parts.

Socket adapters, breaker bar or box end wrench? Sure.

I tried some HF wire strippers and they lasted about a day.

Funny, that is the same place I typed in "What primer should I use?" and was not able to find a result. :D

(Just kidding!!! DO NOT type in "primer" in the blue bar.)

Dkb

In the dark blue header running across the top of this page, the sixth option from the left says "Search." Enter "air hammer rivet gun" and you will see many threads in these forums discussing this topic.