Berchmans

Well Known Member
Happy Thanksgiving to all the VAF supporters. The freedom we enjoy that allows us to build and fly our own airplanes has deep roots that extend back to the Pilgrims. Everyone have a wonderful and safe holiday.

This will be my first Thanksgiving with my RV. I can now resume my tradition of going on an early morning Thanksgiving flight. I haven't been able to do that for years since I sold my old plane to help finance the RV. I'm looking forward to it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

counting blessings

After years of building, I am weeks from finishing. I am always thankful, on Thanksgiving, but this year more than most.

Anyone who is alive and breathing...anyone who has someone special in their life, be it a spouse, a child, a good friend, or a family member...anyone who is free to do as they choose...has reason to be thankful. I think we get so wrapped up in the trials that daily life brings our way that we forget that. Thanksgiving day is a great reminder that there is always something to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! May your day be full of happiness and may we all be more thankful each and every day for the blessings that have been given us!

Very blessed

Living in a free country, to worship, communicate, and fly with FREEDOM! A wife who suggested we fly to FL for Thanksgiving!

A loving family and friends:

c83ddec3dd03d7802061df2acc37685c.jpg

A great workplace, an RV in a T-hanger a few minutes from home, IRONFLGHT and Louise living nearby, flying in a balloon with Vlad! :D

Seeing my son complete his PPL Glider, into USMC soon, daughter soon finishing Bachelor's at Tx A&M!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Extremely thankfull, I am.

I'll never forget the day, in 1975, when I stood before the judge in Savannah, Georgia, to be sworn in as an American citizen. About 80 others and I, were sooo glad to finally be standing there, anticipating with very grateful hearts, what was about to transform us into real life Americans!

My late father had been led to leave Rhodesia in 1961 and come as a missionary, to the United States...imagine that:)

We left the courthouse that day, our chests bulging with pride and gratitude, now fully American and able to vote, for the first time, alongside my wife.

Thank the good Lord for His providence.

Best,

Thankful for LIFE!!!!!

Been in the hospital here in Little Rock for some time for my wife Deb's multiple myeloma treatment. Away from home since Aug 23 for treatment this time. We use our RV-6A and RV-10 to come and go between Georgia and Arkansas.

Yesterday my wife's white blood count -basically her immune system- was at 0.01.

This morning it is at 0.38

After four stem cell transplants and a Natural Killer Cell infusion

Blog at www.debdarley.blogspot.com

So, we are thankful for life! A rebuilding immune system, and an opportunity to resume fighting the incurable cancer. PTL!

By the way, many patients here have dealt with solvents in their past. Benzine is often mentioned.

Another Happy Thanksgiving wish to all of you who make VAF work, esp. El Jefe DR. VAF and the local RV community (intertwined here in DFW) were some of the things that got me over the threshold to where I made the commitment to earn my certificate and not look back.

I have a lot to be thankful for, a great country that allows me to be me, aviation, friends, family, still alive and well (thanks, MD Anderson!), great employer and job ... like I said, a lot.

Thankful for too many things to count and/or list. I am truly, truly grateful.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

XOXO,
dr