Djgeib

Another milestone complete. Can’t say it was easy or quick but we managed to get all four bolts in. If I do it again I’ll have sacrificial nuts as I tighten and loosened numerous times.
8B0EE2ED-51B2-4FDA-AC7B-EFEF2611DA4A.jpeg

Hanging the Engine in Less than 15 Minutes

Sorry you missed the video I shot a couple years ago when I hung the engine on my RV-7, but I thought I would share the link again. My Granddaughter and I hung the engine in less than 15 minutes one rainy Saturday. It's not very entertaining and there is too much background noise, but it may be helpful to someone in the future.

https://youtu.be/oECmoxO2xN0

Attachments

• Hanging the Engine.PNG
    Hanging the Engine.PNG
    677.1 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Thanks for posting

Tony,
I watched your video before I hung the engine on my RV-7. I was in the hanger and thought to myself, now is as good a time as any. So, I got started. As it turned out, it took about 20 minutes to get the first 3 bolts on and about 40 minutes to get the last one. Of course, later I realized that I didn't include the washer on the bottom two mounts so that added a few more minutes to the process. Overall, it took a good engine hoist and patience to do it by yourself (but and extra set of small hands definitely would have been welcomed). :)
Thanks again for posting!