smenkhare

someone once posted some photos of their hanger with some great artwork on the wall. Does anyone know which thread these were in?

Low cost color

I copied a neighbors approach, and added color to my hangar with flags.
Misc. 3x5 flags are less than $5 (printed only) and a really nice 4x6 US Flag (heavy and nicely sewn) was only $21 through our good Senator (Kyl... :) ...). Even came with my name on a certificate and was flown over Congress... :cool:

hangar-flags%20(Small).jpg

The small flags are from all the places I have lived...

Posters also work, but are more $$$. I particularly like the WWII RAF one on the left ...
It says
"Don't Carry It In Your Head - But Know Where To Find It - Careless Work Costs Lives".

Definitely still applicable in this present era....

hangar-posters%20(Small).jpg

gil in Tucson... brightening up the workspace...

Last edited:
Only that bit....

tonyjohnson said:
Gil,

Your hangar looks great!!

Thanks ..... Only that corner ... creative cropping.... :)

But I'm slowly working on the rest.... The flags do add color.

The small flags are just ty-rap'd to the 100A conduit to my workshop, and the large US flag is attached to a 1x2 and is hanging by welding rod clipped onto the conduit for the overhead HID lights. It actually was easier than I thought....

It's no match for airbrushed aviation art on the walls though... :eek:

gil in Tucson

Last edited:
Phyrcooler said:
WOW! Awesome. I'm jealous.

But what is with the squadron of LAWN MOWERS? ;)

He once owned a mower supply company. They've now been replaced by a nice looking wood burning stove in the corner and a few comfortable reclining chairs. At least I think they recline.. :)

I believe it's been mentioned before, but Van got stuck overnight here at Skypark in the RV10 a few months ago due to bad weather. Luckily he ran into Mike and had a great place to stay.

smenkhare said:
That's the one.
Thanks.

Now I know a guy who could do that for you. All you got to do is fly him to Australia, put him up and feed him (that's the costly part) and he would have it done for you in a week or so. :D

Paul Tuttle said:
Now I know a guy who could do that for you. All you got to do is fly him to Australia, put him up and feed him (that's the costly part) and he would have it done for you in a week or so. :D

1. Get a RV to put in hanger
2. find somewhere to get hanger which i'm allowed to paint.
3 stock up on food.
4 get plane ticket from where ever to aus
5 pay painting fee.

now lets see.

$150,000 for the RV
say $20,000 for the hanger plus land rental.
$500 for the food.
$2500 for the ticket
$??? for the actual painting.

for that price i could get a picasso.