jsharkey

Well Known Member
While "wig wagging" the the tail through the garage door to load the fuselage on the truck to go to the airport I was concentrating on not hitting the tail light and managed to "kiss" the up and over door rail with the TE of the elevator near the tip. The bump was ever so gentle but the skin of the elevator is very thin and I managed to to put the ding in it shown below.:(

Any advice on getting it out? Or just leave it? Squeezing and therefore work hardening looks like a great way to start a crack.

hangarrashre7.jpg

dingzn3.jpg

Jim Sharkey
RV6

Last edited:
While "wig wagging" the the tail through the garage door to load the fuselage on the truck to go to the airport I was concentrating on not hitting the tail light and managed to "kiss" the up and over door rail with the TE of the elevator near the tip. The bump was ever so gentle but the skin of the elevator is very thin and I managed to to put the ding in it shown below.:(

Any advice on getting it out? Or just leave it? Squeezing and therefore work hardening looks like a great way to start a crack.

[

Jim Sharkey
RV6

Ouch! But these things happen. :)

Jim, I would gently squeeze the ding one time, then with some careful filling you should be able to blend the uh-oh into the trailing edge with filler well enough that it won't be noticeable.

Last edited:
Ouch! But these things happen. :)

Jim, I would gently squeeze the ding one time, then with some careful filling you should be able to blend the uh-oh into the trailing edge with filler well enough that it won't be noticeable.

Same thoughts here, as I dinged an aileron edge. I used a light weight filler, that's also a light blue. It would hardly show in this circumstance. Since my paint job is as tough as nails with good "elasticity", the light weight "bondo" isn't coming off either.

L.Adamson

ever coat rage gold

Wonderful filler and you'l need to buy a gallon (less than half of which you'll actually use)..and it will build this sup no problem.

Just scratch the bottom of the ding up good for max adhesion.

Frank