LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
If anyone is traveling to Oshkosh early and looking for a place to put down overnight for an easy next-day push into OSH, I've got hangar space available at KSGS (South St. Paul, MN) which you're free to use either Thursday evening or Friday evening this week.

Gas is pretty cheap there, too. Currently $5.29 (New Richmond, WI is usually the lowest around here...and is still at $5.15, fyi)

Last edited:
Saturday...

Hi Bob,
I may be coming through on Saturday evening. Do you
recommend this field with respect to access to lodging,
food, taxi's, weather computer, etc? The weather looks
like it will be OK so tying down outside is no issue.
Thanks,
- Dan Benua

It's a nice field -- former Navy training airport in WWII.

There are hotels up the street about a mile and a half. Fast food (within a mile... along with Applebee's... Outback Steak House...that sort of a thing). And a Moose Lodge bar down the hill.

Very secure, the local cop is a big airplane fan and patrols it regularly.

There is a courtesy car you MIGHT be able to use if you call ahead, although they also use it for daily runway inspection. Taxis etc., yeah, they've got that tho' taxi rates are stupid in the Twin Cities.

Depending on how much work you want to put into it, there's a bus stop on the other side of the field that can take you into Sleepy Saint Paul for a connection to Minneapolis if you wanted to take in a Twins game or something.

Hi Bob,
I may be coming through on Saturday evening. Do you
recommend this field with respect to ... weather computer...

The terminal here is very nice, and they have a couple computers, a phone and printer available. They also have wireless, but their 32 character password and my iPad didn't get along when I was there last month.

It's a nice field -- former Navy training airport in WWII.

Bush 41 trained at Flemming. I hope that isn't pohlitical...