ccsmith51

Well Known Member
I've searched VAF, and I've Googled the web, and can't find too much in the way of floorplans for a hangar home. What I am looking for are plans and ideas for a hangar with a home above all, or most of the lower floor.

Anyone have any directions on where I can find some layouts to look at?

Thanks,

I've searched VAF, and I've Googled the web, and can't find too much in the way of floorplans for a hangar home. What I am looking for are plans and ideas for a hangar with a home above all, or most of the lower floor.

Thanks,

Livingwithyourplane.com has plans online, or at least they used to.

Thanks, Bob. I looked there, but there are almost none with the apartment over the hangar floor...

That would be extremely expensive, if at all possible, if you are subject to the latest version of the fire codes. ;)

Thanks,

At Gillespie Field (KSEE) in El Cajon, CA, there is a beautiful hangar home complex (Speer Field) with second level living. Take a look at the floor plan in this ad for an example.

http://www.gillespiepilots.org/hangar_7-6.pdf