RV Wannabe

Well Known Member
Hi,

I have read through numerous floor finishing threads but have not seen any references to rolled vinyl covering.

I haven't found a good link that would not go to a commercial site selling it, so don't want to violate the posting rules. Just google "rolled vinyl flooring" and you will see what I mean. I like the stuff with the coin pattern. I think it can come in 10'x22' rolls.

Does anyone here have any experience with it? I walk through a lot of airport terminals with this used indoors and it seems like a viable option, but again never seen it actually used in a garage or hangar. I wonder if it would expand/contract/buckle with temp and sun exposure? Would it be best to glue down? Or leave loose so if moisture gets underneath it can be pulled up to air out?

Anyone have experience with this stuff?

Thanks
Mark

If you do it, let us know how it works out. Especially with steel tired engine hoists, etc. There are some amazing materials out there now, but....

I have avoided this in my garage due to the type of damage that I inflict upon it, as outlined above. I would never do a coating, as I don't think it would hold up to my abuse. I have considered 12X12 vinyl tiles. They are relatively rugged (more so than a rolled vinyl), cheap (< $1 a piece) and easily replaceable when damaged. This has been done several times and it seems the guys don't have problems with the adhesive giving up, even self-stick, if the floor is prepped well. I just can't imagine the chore of moving all of the **** out of my garage to tackle this project.

Larry

I use it in my hangar - awesome. Lies perfectly flat once rolled out and let sit for a bit. My hangar is heated so can't really comment on temp variations. Very easy to clean. No need to glue down. The weight of it will make it pretty much impossible to shift without a couple people helping. I have just one 10x22' ft piece from same company you're probably looking at. I just use it in corner of hangar where TV and kid play area is. Mine is diamond pattern

I also rolled my engine hoist over it and no damage. Wouldn't use it in area that sees a lot of stuffed dragged around.

I recommend it,
Steve

Hi,

I have read through numerous floor finishing threads but have not seen any references to rolled vinyl covering.

I haven't found a good link that would not go to a commercial site selling it, so don't want to violate the posting rules. Just google "rolled vinyl flooring" and you will see what I mean. I like the stuff with the coin pattern. I think it can come in 10'x22' rolls.

Does anyone here have any experience with it? I walk through a lot of airport terminals with this used indoors and it seems like a viable option, but again never seen it actually used in a garage or hangar. I wonder if it would expand/contract/buckle with temp and sun exposure? Would it be best to glue down? Or leave loose so if moisture gets underneath it can be pulled up to air out?

Anyone have experience with this stuff?

Thanks
Mark