RV8Squaz

Well Known Member
Hello everyone,

I?m planning a trip at the end of the month to the Marathon airport (MTH) in the Florida Keys. My son and I will be there for 7 nights attending the Scout Seabase. I was told by the FBO that there aren?t any hangars available. Does anyone have any info on the possibility of a hangar? Definitely want to fly into MTH. Thank you!

Hi Jerry,

I fly to Marathon often. Great FBO there but hanger space is almost non existent. Tie downs run 15 dollars a night. I would call the G.A. FBO at Marathon and ask if they have any space in their maintenance hanger or on the Jet Center side, but it will probably cost $$$$$.

If you park on the ramp, a canopy cover is a good idea. When you get back home, give the plane a good bubble bath and a good rinse and all will be fine. Also, consider stopping at KIMM on the way there. Fuel is cheap, and a quick hop to Marathon. I usually do a top off at Marathon, but its usually only 10 gallons or so. KIMM is About 1.50 dollars a gallon cheaper than KMTH.

Last edited:
Hi Jerry,

I fly to Marathon often. Great FBO there but hanger space is almost non existent. Tie downs run 15 dollars a night. I would call the G.A. FBO at Marathon and ask if they have any space in their maintenance hanger or on the Jet Center side, but it will probably cost $$$$$.

If you park on the ramp, a canopy cover is a good idea. When you get back home, give the plane a good bubble bath and a good rinse and all will be fine. Also, consider stopping at KIMM on the way there. Fuel is cheap, and a quick hop to Marathon. I usually do a top off at Marathon, but its usually only 10 gallons or so. KIMM is About 1.50 dollars a gallon cheaper than KMTH.

Hello Rich,

Thank you so much! Somehow I got caught up with work and I missed your reply. Sorry for the delay. Thanks for confirming the non-existent hangar space. I hate to leave my baby outside there, but it is what it is. Those are good tips. I always have my canopy cover and I always wash the airplane when visiting coastal areas. I?m going to be stopping at PMP both ways to visit family. I?m familiar with IMM, although I think it had a different identifier when I stopped there on a solo cross-country 36 years ago! Airglades is another good stop.

Anyone else got a spot for -8?