cyberpilot10

Well Known Member
Hello once again.... I hope you all don't get tired of me...Hand Squeezer question?????

Avery Hand Rivet Squeezer w/interchangeable yokes
OR
avery catalog----
Stinless Steel Hand Squeezer w/interchangeable yokes

The Price Diff. is about $140.00 The money is going to avery either way trying to justify the $140.00 Diff.... Oh and by the way if any builder out there would like to part with the one they have, let me know

thanks
Rich Denton

Main Squeeze

After examining a friends Main Squeeze from Cleaveland tools, I bought one.
No comparison. Lighter, easier, all around better.

Get this Avery's squeezer:

I built my RV with one and they work great. The reason for this squeezer is the yokes are the same ones as used on the pneumatic queazers.

Get the longeron yoke, long no-hole yoke, and a 3" standard yoke. That should cover all of your needs.

I have the regular Avery, and often interchanged the yokes with my (now sold) pneumatic squeezer. It's been a good solid and dependable tool for many years.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

Squeezer

I had almost the same question a few months ago and initially I bought el cheapo hand squeeze and found it to pretty useless at squeezing rivets at a consistent rate although it is OK for dimpling.

So in the end I spent the extra cash and bought the Mainsqueeze and have not looked back.

I know this is different to the other type you are discussing but thought this information might be useful.

Very best regards and happy building
Martin
York
UK

I agree on the main squeeze. I did a side by side comparison on the avery and main squeeze at Oshkosh, and there really is no comparison at all. The main squeeze is superior. I actually prefer it over the pneumatic squeezer.

I buy most of my other tools from Avery. I love their support/interest in the RV community, and their customer service is great.

Cleveland's Main Squeeze

I bought 90 % of my tools from Avery and would do it again, they have a great service and are very nice.
However, when it comes to some specific tools like a hand squeezer and dimple dies, Cleveland has an unbeatable offer in terms of respectively ease of use and quality.
I just finished my empennage and you can easily guess just by looking at the skins which ones I dimpled with Cleveland dies. Simply impressive.
I also own a pneumatic squeezer (from Avery) and a bunch of yokes, all interchangeable. Don't forget to buy quick change pins, because if you have multiple yokes/squeezers, you'll find yourself switching yokes more often than you can think.
Good luck in your build and welcome to The Force:D

I just finished my empennage and you can easily guess just by looking at the skins which ones I dimpled with Cleveland dies. Simply impressive.

And by the same token, my RV has those 12000-14000 good looking rivets which were all from Avery dies. I often get comments on how good the rivets look.

L.Adamson --- RV6A flying

Main Squeeze

I know you want Avery but if your wife/girl friend is ever to help the Main Squeeze is the way to go. Try one out before you spend the cash if you can and you will see what everyone is talking about.

KC

PS my #120 girl friend has no problem setting #4 rivets, but then again she is a PE teacher... :D

Those of you who have used both, do you recommend a pneumatic squeezer as well? (Is it worth the difference?)

And would I still need a manual squeezer?

Main squeeze and Tatco

I'll add another endorsement for the Main Squeeze and 3 yokes for regular, flanges, and narrow spaces. I used all 3 regularly.

Also, there are a lot of rivets you just can't get at with the main squeeze, so you might also look at a tatco squeezer with the 1.5" reach for small openings.

Tatco

OK, so I am a Tatco fan. And I made some handle extenders for when I need to squeeze a bunch of AD4's in a row.

Whatever you get, make sure you can use a gazzilion different yokes.
I think I have 5 at the moment.

I too recommend the Main Squeeze. You can't get to everything with the pneumatic sometimes because of its width. The yokes for the main squeeze all interchange with the pneumatic, so it's easy.