dan carley

Well Known Member
i've been using the halo for a little while now, the hearing part is great but when you talk you really don't get the side tone of your voice. am i doing something wrong or is that the way it is?

thanks
dan carley
rv4
n14ft

Mine works great. Try turning the side tone level up on your radio. Also make sure the mike is touching your lips and that the flat side is pointed towards you.

Guy

This is probably a function of the radio (or other equipment) more than the headset. I use the intercom built into my XCOM 760 radio and had to turn the side tone down a bit when I went to the Halo, but realized it had been too loud with my previous headset, also. There should be an adjustment for this in your equipment, or possibly it is muted. If you hear incoming transmissions, you should be able to hear side tone on any headset, IMHO. Check your intercom/radio/audio panel manuals. You might check with other headsets to see if they receive ST. If they do, I don't know what it could be.

Bob Kelly

If you hear regular transmissions, you should hear ST if your radio/intercom is setup correctly.....

After all, there is no separate signal path to the mini speakers inside the headset for the ST vs the regular stuff.

halo

i found the problem. needed to raise the volume on the headset and lower the intercom. works good

thanks
dan carley
rv4
n14ft