RickWoodall

Well Known Member
My wife really dislikes the head clamp headsets so I have been looking to find her a better solution. Several of the people I chat with on here really like the Halo's. I spoke with them (the owner) a week or two ago and he let me know there was a special coming.

Sure enough, they are on special, they are apparently a great product and they are advertisers here. Works for me, two headsets ordered.

Thanks!

Neither of the women involved with my project can tolerate the pressure from a standard headset. They both love the Halo. Works well for me as well.

Love my Halo's. As with all things, however, there is a compromise.

The ear buds need to be changed out with some regularity. They get "gunked up" and lose their elasticity.

Also, every time I fill up with gas and just need to taxi back to the hangar (two minute trip), I long for the skull clamps I can just throw on rather than having to go through the process of getting my Halo's "installed" just so I can ask ground to taxi.

This is not an anti-Halo post. I love them for their low profile, light weight, and noise reduction, and intend to keep using them. Potential buyers just need to understand the details and compromises. As much as I grumble on some things, I can't see me switching back.

Price

$324 special on now. AND they dont screw you on the shipping like many places. $5 to ship two pairs to Michigan. Fair enough.