rjcthree

Well Known Member
I am considering making a change to my oil cooler now, while it's still easy (baffle fitting and tubing). Right now, I have the Niagra 200002A 7 row, 'EAII' on the firewall. Since it is generally considered 'fact' that the H2 puts more heat into the oil (moves more oil through the heads) it seems like a safe idea to go to 9 or 10 row, and adjust. I see moving to the 9 or 10 row noted on a couple H2 installs, but I've not seen anybody complain about high oil temps with the 7 row cooler . . .

It wil be pushing a fixed Sensenich at 2600rpm max (150hp) on a 9A.

Engine guru's? Thoughts?

Andy, what did you use?

Rick 90432

The Aero Classic 9 and 10-row coolers (p/n 8000074 and 8000081 see:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/aeroclassiccooler.php) would likely be of sufficient capacity at a decent cost.

We started out with the Niagara 20002A on an RV-8 with an IO-360 and it was wholly inadequate. We then tried an Aero Classic 800215 13-row cooler and it was way overkill in cooling capacity, plus we had physical mounting issues with it. We then installed a high-dollar SW 10599R (9 rows) and cooling capacity is perfect, but this SW unit cost literally double what either the 9 or 10 row Aero Classic would have cost.