Reddsky1

I saw a mod to the inboard nose ribs on the H.S. on tim Olsens (myrv10.com)
website.

I left an e-mail for Tim but do'nt think it went through.

Has anyone modified the trim cable holes, ie. Left different than the right ?

I am about ready to rivet the whole thing together, so any input would be great.

Thanks,

Building RV-8, RV-10
N604PT(reserved)

I did them like Van's said. I just riveted it together yesterday. What's the issue? Should they be bigger, longer?
John

Reddsky1 said:
I saw a mod to the inboard nose ribs on the H.S. on tim Olsens (myrv10.com)
website.

I left an e-mail for Tim but do'nt think it went through.

Has anyone modified the trim cable holes, ie. Left different than the right ?

I am about ready to rivet the whole thing together, so any input would be great.

Thanks,

Building RV-8, RV-10
N604PT(reserved)

HS 905 nose ribs

Saw where one builder rounded flange to rib fwd junction as well as fwd flange corner, latter only dictated by plans? In just fitting HS905 up to skin, this extra rounding does not look to be necessary? Comments? Is this what you're talking abt?

Link Mcgarity
HS skeleton work

If you up size the drawing on a copy machine until it matches the size given then you can paste it right to the rib and drill a hole followed by the dremel tool. Takes little time. HS nose rib mods range from little shims to what I did, polish the nose and lightly reform them as to not leave small flat spot on the HS skin. Darn near every RV-10 I have looked at had this flat spot to include both factory demos and even mine after the rework.

The hole for the trim cables work fine as called out on the plans, but just a slight pain to fish through.