Hello RV8ators

After a month and 20 hours of testing my RV 8 A ( F PMHJ first flight 13th of September 2013) I starded to engage my Trutrak GX Pilot Autopilot for testing

Here is the problem I encountered on many several attemts

when first selected "On" , Gx pilot engages correctly in track and alt hold (when leveled)
Respond in pitch and roll thru control knob Ok
AP annonciator green on G3X

Whenever AP HDG or AP NAV selected via G3X dedicated soft key
Coresponding annonciator and FD bars appear briefly then disconnect
All settings verified by technician .no joy
Tried to contact Trutrak - closed
Any one with same equipement had same problem ?
Hotel Juliet

It sounds like you are engaging the AP with the GX AP button. Try using the soft keys on the G3X to engage the autopilot. Or push the EFIS button on the GX before using the soft keys. If that does not work, you may have your ARINC lines mis pinned.

Greetings Hotel Juliet,

I agree with Jon that the ARINC 429 connection between your G3X system and the Trutrak autopilot unit should be checked. If it is wired and configured correctly, you should observe a flashing "+" symbol on the Trutrak unit's display screen. Without a functioning ARINC 429 input the Trutrak autopilot cannot engage in EFIS mode and thus cannot receive flight director steering commands from the G3X system.

- Matt

Just a thought, I had my GX pilot working then upgraded the g3 software, and it discontinued operating . I don't recall specifics, other than TT advised the SW in the ap was out of date. I sent it back and had new firmware installed, which fixed the communication issue. So before you convict the wiring, check the TT SW version.

Just a thought, I had my GX pilot working then upgraded the g3 software, and it discontinued operating . I don't recall specifics, other than TT advised the SW in the ap was out of date. I sent it back and had new firmware installed, which fixed the communication issue. So before you convict the wiring, check the TT SW version.
Thanks all for your help
According to all what i checked after your remarks, the TTGX pilot SW version is probably the issue
Ill contact TT asap
Regards
Hotel Juliet