Sunriver Ken

Well Known Member
I do not have access to my Owner's Manual and am hoping someone can tell me what "Nav Flagged" in the display of my Apollo GX-60 means and how to fix it. I sometimes am not getting GPS data to my Digitrack Auot Pilot and noticed this coinsides with the "Nav Flagged" statement. This leads me to think I may have a reception problem (antenna?).

I also have a Bendix-King 150 which is my primary GPS as I fly mostly VFR but the auto pilot is hooked to the GX-60.

Any help would be appreciated. Merry Christmas.

I have a GX-50 and the only time that I get NAV FLAGGED is if I don't have a flight plan/waypoint in the GPS. My GX-50 will not output RS-232 position data unless a flight plan or direct-to waypoint has been entered and activated. I have also noticed that if I for example enter a direct to waypoint to enable the RS-232 stream and the fly a good distance away from the waypoint, the GPS will "drop" the waypoint and go to NAV FLAGGED.

Did you check the # of satellites you're receiving?

I happen to have my manual here at my desk (the manual is for your model too). In the troubleshooting guide there is zero help offered for a "NAV FLAGGED" message. There are the normal common-sense troubleshooting tips for poor GPS reception (antenna, etc), but nothing for this particular message.

For this reason I have a switch on the GPS input to my Trutrak AP where I can switch the AP source from my GX-50 to my 496 but I generally leave it switched to the 496.

Could Be...

Jamie, thanks for the input. You could certainly be right as I rarely use the GX60 except for communication. I will try setting up a "direct to" and see if that helps. Could you e-mail me the page that says how to check the number of satelites you are receiving?" It would be appreciated.

I will contact Garmin/2Morrow tomorrow and see what they say and will post their response here.