AltonD

Well Known Member
This one time only, I have a hangar available for an RV during Gustav's passing.

Headland Alabama (southeast Al). 0J6 5000' paved

email me if in need.

Last edited:
i also have one availaible at KFLO for the next month.. after that mine will be in there:D

mid south carolina. 75 miles from the east coast.

Last edited:
I have one in Nebraska if you have to get that far north. We'll leave the light on for ya.

Alton, Excellent Thread! You get the VAF "Thinking Member of the Month Award". Contact DR for cash prize. ;)

Last edited:
DR actually already has an inland huricane base list.
http://www.vansairforce.net/Inland_Base_List.htm

However, my hangar is only empty for a little while and I didn't want to be added to the list. I am real close to moving to the airport. My name came up on the waiting list so. . . . . I am now the proud renter of an empty hangar. At lest now, I can actually hangar fly.

DR actually already has an inland huricane base list.

I should have know DR was thinking again. He likes winning his own awards and paying himshelf! ;)

Ya'll down in LA, TX, ect. keep your head down. This storm is gonna be a bad one.

Fingers crossed....

Louise and I have been watching things very carefully, as we have to leave for Minnesota tomorrow, and we really can't take the airplanes due to the nature of the trip - plus we have to take the Big Dog (100 lb Malamute), so it's going to be the 36 mpg Civic this time! :(

We've got contingency plans to drop the airplanes off in Dallas if it looks like things are going to get bad here in Houston, but right now, the predicts are looking much better for us, and really bad for those east and north of here.

Remember that some of the worst inland damage comes from flooding rains and tornadoes, so if you're really in the path of the of the thing, watch out!

Paul