polishpilot

Well Known Member
One of the (few) negatives about building your 9A in a garage is feeling comfortable with leaving your autos outdoors. Turns out that we just had the worst snowstorm and icestorm in 3 decades. In addition, I just sealed the cover on my left fuel tank when the power went off. Five days later, the power came back on and the proseal is still a little soft.

But I love my 9A project. :)

SnowCars.jpg

I understand, my 1970 Olds 442 is out side with snow on it while I am painting :-(

I'll be building my 8 in the air conditioned comfort of my family room. Why not? Big tools stay in the garage (along the walls), but component assembly and such will take place in the family room (tile floor). I can do everything but final assembly (and painting!) there. 8' sliders for getting it out. Saving money on funiture too!

When I built my RVs in 1989-1993, I built a 24' X 24' carport just outside the garage. I also put up an 8' fence along one side. This along with the garage enclosed the carport on 2 sides. Not totally enclosed, but protected from most weather.

Well, one thing's for sure, building RV's creates a lot of stories to tell. That's one of the reasons this Forum is so interesting. Happy building/flying to all of you out there.
Jim

guessing game

Ok, lets play guess what kind of car is under the snow ??
Honda CRV and a Honda accord are my guesses.

Last edited:
I found building in the garage as most effective. Why? The wife can't park in the garage and is eager to do so again. So I get LOTS of encouragement to finish the RV so she can park in there again. It's an alignment of goals, different agendas, but the goal is the same!