FLYPTV

I think I can now be officially embraced as a member of the club.

For starters, I made my first donation vafnet. I figured I better do that now that I am a member of the club. . . and have used up my stay in the honor system.

While building an -8 is still in my future, you know when the kids are gone, my career is stable, and my wife is tired of being chased around the house.

I was presented with an opportunity that was just too good to pass up. So I didn't pass it up:D:D:D

I now have a half interest in an RV6 and I am all checked out with about 25 hours in RV's over the last few years, and 5 in the last week. Per my insurance checkout requirements. If the weather isn't too bad this weekend, I think it'll be a very fun weekend. . .

Congrats!

Congrats and welcome to this rather eclectic group. I was also a long time lurker before I even realized that this was a donation sponsored site.

Enjoy your RV!

John Edwards
RV-9A - Empennage

Congrats and welcome to this rather eclectic group. I was also a long time lurker before I even realized that this was a donation sponsored site.

Enjoy your RV!

John Edwards
RV-9A - Empennage

Who's told you it's a donation sponsored site?!?!....it's NOT a donation sponsored site (not even close) - unless DR counts my monthly check as a "donation"! It's an advertiser sponsored site....ask me how I know :)

Cheers,
Stein

Ha - I actually laughed out loud at that! Ya know I can't resist all the "tongue in cheek" stuff :)

Keep up the good work and don't wear out that SteinAir shirt too fast....I don't make as much on those as you do on your VAF shirts so I can't afford to keep replacing them :p

Cheers,
Stein

"I am not against it"

Just took the wife for her first RV ride. She really isn't feeling too well, but she went anyway. Grandpa had the kids all day. We had lunch at the airport restaurant, then out for about 40 minutes. I had to coax her a bit, but once she sat in the airplane while it was in the hangar and realized that it was a "real" airplane, she was good. It was a little bumpy, we are expecting rain tomorrow so a bit of an unstable air mass aloft.

I forgot to put the wedge under her seat. Like a trooper, she didn't say anything till we were on our way home and talking about the flight. She says, "its kind of hard for me, I couldn't see out the front window, all I could do is look out the side." Doh! I said, "Sorry I forgot to boost up your seat."

She just came into my office and told me she had a nice day and she isn't against us owning an airplane. Cool. :D

the bakersfield bunch takes off every Sat. and sometimes Sun. at 7:30am and goes to somewhere for Breakfast, usually PTV from what I've noticed.

also the Rocket Shop Cafe is ready to open any minute at Bakersfield Muni so join in the flights.

bad thing is, that tule sp? fog is starting up about now, right?

WAY to go on a very smart way into plane ownership!!!!

the bakersfield bunch takes off every Sat. and sometimes Sun. at 7:30am and goes to somewhere for Breakfast, usually PTV from what I've noticed.

also the Rocket Shop Cafe is ready to open any minute at Bakersfield Muni so join in the flights.

bad thing is, that tule sp? fog is starting up about now, right?

WAY to go on a very smart way into plane ownership!!!!

I'll have to keep an eye out for those guys. Join in when I can. I don't seem to get too many Saturday's off. There was one guy from Bako there on Saturday in an RV4 with the Harmon Rocket fast back. Talked with him a bit. Nice looking airplane, he was having it appraised. Not too good a situation for him, as I found out.

Tule Fog is going to be a problem, off and on for the next few months. We are having our first rain of the season today, so that will introduce the ingredient to promote the fog. KPTV sometimes avoids the worst of it due to its location near the foothills. That being said, I have been flying in this valley for almost 20 years, Professionally for 15, and around aviation my whole life. I still can't predict the Fog. I have executed approaches at KBFL where the tower cab and the terminal parking lot were VMC and the runway was IMC, yet reporting 1800RVR. Can't land if you never make it into the tops, can ya? Go figure:eek: