Special Delivery

Well Known Member
Anyone know if the GTX327 is tray/pin compatible with the 320A? My 320A needs repair and I have a 327 on the shelf. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
Garmin web page shows the 327 to be more than 1/2" longer than the 320, so I doubt they will use the same tray.

YES -- SE Aerospace...

Garmin web page shows the 327 to be more than 1/2" longer than the 320, so I doubt they will use the same tray.

...which is a great source of information says this in their FAQ....

Yes, the GTX-327 utilizes the same mounting rack and mating connector as the GTX-320 and GTX-320A. The GTX-327 offers a few additional features but matches the standard connection pins as the GTX-320 and GTX-320A.

If you check the Installation Manuals for both transponders you can see that Garmin changed how they measure the depth behind the panel....:rolleyes:

The two transponders have identical dimensions on the depth of their mounting trays, so the SE Aerospace FAQ does now make sense.

The link to the great avionics resource --

http://www.seaerospace.com/

Last edited:
Thanks guys

Thank you Mel and Gill!!!! I believed they were compatible, but I too noticed the measurement difference and then decided to pose the question to the VAF information Gods. I appreciate your research and prompt response... KEFD will send their thank you tomorrow.