DennisRhodes

Well Known Member
The GTX 335 transponder info says that it can be purchased with an internal WAAS compliant Position source suitable for ADSB OUT . Is there an indicator or P/N that designated that the unit has that feature or do they all have that feature. I notice that the bundle kit for that ADSB comes with a GA35 WAAS external GPS antenna.
My question would be: would any GTX335 be capable of ADSB out if the GA35 antenna was added to the mix. and I guess the next question would be would there be additional Garmin software and or major cost envolved with that other than the purchase of a GA35 ??

Last edited:
The GTX 335 transponder info says that it can be purchased with an internal WAAS compliant Position source suitable for ADSB OUT . Is there an indicator or P/N that designated that the unit has that feature or do they all have that feature. I notice that the bundle kit for that ADSB comes with a GA35 WAAS external GPS antenna.
My question would be: would any GTX335 be capable of ADSB out if the GA35 antenna was added to the mix. and I guess the next question would be would there be additional Garmin software and or major cost envolved with that other than the purchase of a GA35 ??

I installed that in my Tiger last year with the bundle package.

The transponder will output ADSB but needs a "certified" source. If can be fed from an external GPS but if you get the GA35 antenna if becomes self contained. It still needs an altitude input, but Garmin also has a small (really small) altitude encoder that fits on the rear of the tray. With this the it was essentially a stand-alone installation in my old Tiger and deleted a 30 years old Narco encoder with the tray mounted encoder.

The tiny sensor -

11-14162a.jpg

Not all 335's have built in WAAS receiver.

Non WAAS PN: 010-01214-01
With Built in WAAS PN: K10-00276-03

I put it in my RV4

I had a shop install mine back in march. Not that i dont like the gtx335..but i had decided on an Apparo stratus when I went in to buy the equipment. garmin had their unit for the same price so i went with it. I have regretted that I didnt stick with the stratus and get in and out for less money.

Cm

Thanks Walt, i thought there must be some difference in the ones which had position source orher than just the antenna. One has to stay alert with used equipment classified!!