RickWoodall

Well Known Member
Anyone smart mind telling me what I might have done goofy in having my GTX 327 transponder wired to the dynon skyview. Tower sees me squawking 1200, but when getting handed off to other airspace, found out mode c is not working. I think I set the icarus etc as required..hmm anybody???

Double-check the settings .... most likely incorrectly set serial port settings. You don't need the tower to tell you whether it's working or not.. the screen will show the pressure altitude it'll be sending (at all times) so if you don't see that on the ground, it won't work in the air either.

Wiring

Also who did the wiring? Did you buy a harness? I've had this problem before and found the "mode C enable" wire missing from the purchased wire harness.

Check the Dynon settings and make sure the mode "C" is turned on. Easily overlooked.

no mode c

What others said about setup. Also, when upgrading to 2.6 or higher, you must have the serial lines from each display connected to the transponder. This caused me an episode of I don't know, it was working yesterday.

dual skyview

Rick, that was for a dual Skyview display. On the 327 pin 19, RS232 in goes to my Skyview pin 10, serial 4 TX (or any other serial TX). Don't remember the settings but if you need, PM me and I will get settings for both over the weekend.