Jasonm

Well Known Member
Does anyone know what the current software version is for Garmin's GTX 23ES? Mine is saying 8.02 but I can't find any links or sites to verify this.

Thanks

Does anyone know what the current software version is for Garmin's GTX 23ES? Mine is saying 8.02 but I can't find any links or sites to verify this.

Thanks

Hello Jason,

V8.02 is the latest.

Thanks,
Steve

Wow, I think mine is 7.04..

What are the benefits to having the latest and greatest transponder software? (And when is the next event where Garmin will be updating transponders?)

Wow, I think mine is 7.04..

What are the benefits to having the latest and greatest transponder software? (And when is the next event where Garmin will be updating transponders?)

Hello Charley,

This posting describes the changes incorporated into GTX V8.02.

There is no operational benefit to you, but there are some changes that have been mandated by the FAA as discussed in this thread. Stated simply, the FAA wants all transponders to be reporting altitude (and whether the aircraft is on the ground or in the air) all the time.

As explained in this thread, we were doing free transponder software upgrades at Oshkosh this year and also at SNF earlier this year. We will likely offer them again at these shows in 2017. Your Garmin dealer can also install this software if you find that more convenient.

Thanks,
Steve