rchrds

This might be an easy question for the Garmin or Stein air guys- Will the GTN750 control a GTX23ES, or would the transponder have to be run through the G3X? If I'm running both, a G3X and the GTN, do the displays update each other? I.e., if I change the transponder code on the G3X would it change also on the GTN750? Also, size wise, would the GTX23ES fit behind the GTN750 in the same fashion as a 330ES and GMA35?

Thanks,

Jason

The GTX23ES cannot be controlled from the GTN series. The GTX23ES only works with the G3X. The only thing the GTN does for the GTX23ES is provide it with ADS-B data.

The GTX23ES manual is here. You can find the size and weight in the manual. You need to be able to slide the unit out of the rack so take this into consideration.

Last edited:
Hello Jason,

Brian is correct, only the G3X system can control the GTX 23ES transponder. This is what's shown in Figure C-2.3 of the current G3X installation manual. The GTX 33ES can be controlled by either the G3X or GTN, whichever you like better (but not both). Figure C-2.5 shows the transponder connected to and controlled by the GTN. Physically, the GTX 23ES and GTX 33ES are the same size.

- Matt

I was able to mount the gtx23 on top of the 750 tray and be able to slide it out when the 750 was removed.

Everyone else pretty much answered the questions you asked...but I will point out that while you can put either a GMA35 (or the 23ES) behind the GTN screen, you can't put them both there as there just isn't room. Also note that the Garmin sanctioned mounting (which is REALLY nice and slick) for the GMA isn't the same for the GTX. Thocker and a couple others have done a really nice job putting the 23ES there, but there isn't a "ready made kit" for the txpdr in that location like there is for the 35.

Just my 2 cents as usual!

Cheers,
Stein