andyrv

Well Known Member
Anyone using this combination with at Trutrak Autopilot? The GRT documentation shows one HX ARINC input for GPS data from 650, one HX ARINC input for VOR/ILS from 650 and the ARINC output going back to the GTN-650.

Doesn't look like there is a second ARINC output to from the HX to feed the Trutrak.

Today I have an ARINC output and a serial output from the GRT to the Trutrak but this output will have to be diverted to feed the 650 according to the wiring diagram.

I also have an ARINC & serial output wired to a switch so the 650 could bypass the GRT if needed and go directly to the autopilot.

Thanks,
Andy

Splice some wires; use the HX's ARINC out to feed both the true trac's and the Garmin's ARINC in a/b connections.

This is clearly shown on some of the sample wiring diagrams on GRT's web site, HX/HS documentation page. Look at the last example.

Yep

Thanks Bob. I was concerned about the output format of the ARINC being correct for both the auto pilot and the EFIS but that looks like it will work.

When I planned the panel over 8 years ago I wired in a GNS 480 tray and everything is really tied down nice back up under the panel so I'm trying to get everything laid out correctly so I only have to do this once.

Thanks,
Andy