CABaye

I'm New Here
Preface. The airplane is new-to-me and this is my first modification project.

I'm installing the GSA28 Servo using the Garmin Kit. If I understand the instructions correctly, the bracket is secured by fasteners penetrating the skin and sandwiching it to an external doubling plate (provided). If you have used this method; please comment on surface prep & finish for the doubling plate. Is any sealing recommended between the doubling plate and the skin?

I am replacing a Trio EZ-Pilot servo that was mounted to a tray that is about 1/2 inch above the lower skin. (see photo) I suspect that mounting the servo to the tray would invite geometry problems but would like the opinions of others.

Thanks,

Attachments

• 20220208_174152.jpg
    20220208_174152.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 130
Im looking at the photo and not sure if I understand how you plan to install the servo. Mine is a 9, so maybe different and mine was installed in the build - but it was done in the wing. Is this the center section? Is that where the servo is installed on a retrofit?

Sorry I cant be of more help but I am interested in learning something here! I hope someone who has done the retro in a 6 will chime in.

Preface. The airplane is new-to-me and this is my first modification project.

I'm installing the GSA28 Servo using the Garmin Kit. If I understand the instructions correctly, the bracket is secured by fasteners penetrating the skin and sandwiching it to an external doubling plate (provided). If you have used this method; please comment on surface prep & finish for the doubling plate. Is any sealing recommended between the doubling plate and the skin?

I am replacing a Trio EZ-Pilot servo that was mounted to a tray that is about 1/2 inch above the lower skin. (see photo) I suspect that mounting the servo to the tray would invite geometry problems but would like the opinions of others.

Thanks,

Looking at the Garmin manual 190-01115-01_ap it looks like your correct.
If it were me, I would not deviate from the Gamin instructions for the GSA28 installation.