Jerry Cochran

Well Known Member
I lost the thumbdrive used to update my GRT EFIS 1 and GRT website says to "Use the one supplied you", and that others may not work. Sure enough, I bought a Lexar and GRT does not recognize it.

I emailed GRT yesterday for advice but no joy so far, they must be busy... Anybody have an inkling of a particular thumbdrive I could purchase that would be compatible? I would love to get the update done during the weekend.

Anyone?

I used a couple different Kingston DataTraveler sticks and they all worked (largest was 8Gb that I tried)

Ive used a kingston 4gb, sony 8gb, and a few others Ive had laying around.
Not sure if their drivers change by model. Mine were horizon 1 and HHX models.

The olders Horizons are a bit finicky about the USB stick - give Sandy a call and she can fix you up.

Bob
RV-10 N442PM

I have four different brands all work OK, but there are some that won't work. If you are in a hury, I am sure purchasing a new one has a good chance of working.

I would say, don't bug Sandy about USB flash storage unless there is a major failure of the efis. There are some that don't work, and many that do. It doesn't have to be very big at all, just stop at any store on the way to the airport and get another one to try.

In the meantime...

I picked up a 2GB Kingston at Fry's for $10, loaded it up and will see if she works tomorrow. Has anyone put the Terrain feature into a WS? How did it work?

Thanks for the responses,

Needs FAT32 Formatting

This likely not be your issue, but they need FAT32 formatting, default on Windoze but not Macs...

Hans

This likely not be your issue, but they need FAT32 formatting, default on Windoze but not Macs...

Hans

Friend of mine just went through this today.

This was a AFS, not GRT, but the FAT32 issue was the same.

Also, they told him to format the stick every time before he does a download of new info.