Jesse

Well Known Member
I have been trying for hours to get ahold of GRT to answer a simple question about the ARINC module for their Sport EFIS. I have left messages and have called probably 20 times and can't get a soul to answer the phone. Maybe someone on here can help.

The installation page for the ARINC module has two wires to hook up to the Sport serial port 4 in and out, and two wire to hook up to serial port 4 in and out. I know it sounds like the same thing, but that's what it says. Does anybody know what the second two wires are supposed to do?

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know the answer to the question but I did talk to them a couple of days ago inquiring about upgrade. It took a couple of tries to get the hold of them.

Anytime they were not able to answer the phone and I left a message, they always called me back. (tho' occasionally the next day).

Jesse, on the GRT web site, naviate to "misc documentation", find external ARINC.
The box uses a serial port on the EFIS, and then replicates that port so it's still available. So one pair of in/out wires goes to the EFIS. The other pair is for external use. The documentation referenced above says which is which.
The perils of a small company: one guy probably took off the Friday before a three day weekend.

Jesse, on the GRT web site, naviate to "misc documentation", find external ARINC.
The box uses a serial port on the EFIS, and then replicates that port so it's still available. So one pair of in/out wires goes to the EFIS. The other pair is for external use. The documentation referenced above says which is which.
The perils of a small company: one guy probably took off the Friday before a three day weekend.

To elaborate on Bob's post, Pin 3 on the module goes to the EFIS Serial 4 out. Pin 4 goes to the EFIS Serial 4 in. Pins 8 & 9 give you an additional Serial I/O.

I see how their paper could mean that, but it was certainly not as clear as you said it. Thanks!

Jesse, Do you have the "Rev E" drawing (from the web page referenced above)?
There are some complaints about GRT documentation, but quite honestly this looks pretty clear to me.