RV8iator

Well Known Member
Benefactor
Hi folks, I just wanted to show you some of the new features that are included on the optional Mini Feature set.

As you can see, the Mini will display traffic on the screen and the TRAFFIC popup window when the threat gets inside you set alert area. I am using the DataLink to talk from my HXr to the Mini's but the best way is to use either serial or USB from your ADSB In tox into the Mini for your complete ADSB weather and traffic information. Right now the Link will display traffic but not the weather information.. Also included in the optional set are the 6 engine data pages, same as on the HXr, HX and Sports with the EIS. To see a complete list of the optional feature set see the link to the GRT Mini page here. http://www.grtavionics.com/mini.html

The Mini series of EFIS's keep getting better and better.

James Clark and I also are running a software version that has some additional enhancements on the HXr. You'll notice the new orange colored MISSED button is to differentiate it from the yellow EXECUTE button so you won't accidentally hit MISSED until the correct time. Also the NAV bearing pointers and needles now have the source of what is driving them. See on the left of the HSI on the HXr the GPS1 and GPS2 notations to show the source for each bearing pointer (CDI).

The Mini series of EFIS's are getting better and better.

22054090526_49babd4141_b.jpg

Widget is getting the traffic via the data link (that is coming a future release I am told).

I have used the iLevil2 AW box to supplyADS-B data to both my HXR and MINI(s). The iLevil has USB out (of the ADS-B data) and that is sent to the HXr, along with Serial data out and that is sent to a serial IN port on the MINI. The MINI **could** be configured to use USB but that would require an additional box. Using SERIAL from the iLevil (or FDS) allows one to feed multiple MINI(s).

I keep promising to get some photos of the weather and traffic on the MINI posted.

James