walkman

Well Known Member
What are these artifacts that I frequently see on my HXr? They are often white dots, and then sometimes shooting white lines. You can see in the upper LHS of this snap. There is a white line pointing at a dot.

I cannot at the moment define when I do and when I don't see them (phases of flight etc).

SNAP0001.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sh0qtsal3v5nlgu/SNAP0001.jpg

Last edited:
it sure looks to be traffic.

you also see them at the lower right hand corner but on your PFD.

Isn't that nice?

Last edited:
It looks like you are seeing an "own ship" target on your traffic display. I had this problem initially on my new Hxr with my SkyRadar ADSB, but got it worked out with excellent support from GRT.

Correct. That's the path Len f your own ship traffic. Make sure you have the latest software. I sometimes get it but its usually short lve.

Thanks Guys!

As usual, I have to thank our great customers here on VAF for answering another tech question! :D

I recently finished the initial release of the Flight Instrumentation chapter of the HXr Pilot's Guide and posted it to the website this morning. You can see it here as well. It goes over most of the things you will see on the PFD of the HXr-- how to use them, turn them on and off, and how to configure them for your airplane and preferences. Most of the information also applies to our other systems with synthetic vision, the Horizon HX and Sport SX.

More detailed information on traffic is found in the Hazard Avoidance section. I've decided to release the initial version of that too-- it can be found here. (on the Horizon Documentation web page.)

Thanks!

Looks like meteors (shooting stars) to me! :eek:

P.S. I really like the looks of the HXr. Unfortunately I bought my HX last year.