Tumper

Well Known Member
I am installing my panel now including two GRT HX screens. I have a lift reserve indicator in the panel that give an audible stall warning. I would like to input the stall warning into my panel to display on the EFIS and through the intercom (I think). Has anyone tried this? Did you use one of the analog inputs?

Thanks,

The HX will, if turned on, generate its own angle of attack warning on-screen. This is derived from a calculation, not a direct measurement. But I have found it to be quite accurate. I also have a direct AOA measurement thru a Dynon D6, which is both visual and audible.
IMHO the audible warning is far superior. The visual warning is good if you are in IMC, e.g., looking at the panel.
My recommendation: hook up your audible AOA to an 'always on' or 'unswitched' input on your intercom, and turn on and calibrate the AOA on the Hx. i wouldn't bother trying to interconnect the two.

Tom

Tom, who is Katie? I sent an email to Ben at GRT. He said I could use the analog input, however he didn?t know anyone that had tried it. I was fishing for someone that had actually done this.

If I use the analog input I?m not sure what the display would show, but I feel sure I can get an audio warning.

P.S. Getting closer Tom.

Tom, who is Katie? I sent an email to Ben at GRT.

Katie is the one who answers the phone, and a whole lot more. She is rewriting a lot of the documentation stuff.

But, she would have sent you to Ben anyway, I suspect.

And, Katie is building a RV 3------actually rebuilding it.