TTM4

Looking for someone to help me learn my dual GRT HX system. The manual is just too thick and I am a "hands-on" learner! It's an incredibly capable box but I've only barely scratched the surface of its power and functionality.

I am located in the MSP/STP Twin Cities area but work in the ATL area. My plane is up north. Let me know what you charge/hr.
Thanks,
Tom

Dual GRT HX

Tom,
I have 5 years and 650 hours of experience with a dual GRT HX setup and love it. It is really too bad that we are so far apart because I would enjoy helping you out.

I am in SW'ern Ontario Canada, some 560nm east of you at Waterloo regional airport CYKF so it might be difficult to get together.

May I ask what you have tied in with the EFIS' ie an A/P, GPS (one or two) and if so which ones? Do you plan on long cross country trips, IFR or VFR?

Ivan.

Since you are a hands on guy, let me suggest tht you put your battery on a charger, and spend 5 hours sitting in the cockpit pushing buttons. After that you'll have a better idea of what to ask. You won't hurt anything.

I had to learn the dual HX system

when I was asked to ferry a very well equipped -8A from WV to FL. Fortunately, my hangar neighbor has a -7A with the same setup. He hooked up his power supply and gave me the "hands-on" tutorial for an hour or so. In addition, I downloaded the "quick-start" guide from GRT and carried it with me. Another big help were the videos on the GRT website.

Must have worked fairly well --- able to do the trip, including ILS in IMC to my fuel stop.

Ron