flickroll

Well Known Member
How many RMI type pointers will the GRT HSI show at one time? If I have a GRT system with an SL30, G430W, G696, can the HSI show some or all of the pointers from these devices at one time? Say a VOR for the SL30, standby VOR from the SL30, VOR from the 430, and a pointer for the 696 GPS. Or some other combination...

The GRT HSI looks a little 'different' than a traditional one in that it is actually on a map, and the only way to show just the HSI without airport/airspace, etc clutter is by zooming it all the way in. For you GRT HSI users, do you like the presentation? Thanks

To be honest, I have seen HSI presentations that i like better than the GRT, but all the information is there and usable, so it doesn't really bother me. It's sort of like preferring a different font on a display for aesthetic reasons.

Since I only have the 430 hooked up to drive my Nav, I don't get more than a single VHF bearing pointer.

Paul

Since I only have the 430 hooked up to drive my Nav, I don't get more than a single VHF bearing pointer.

Paul

Sure you do. You also see a bearing pointer on whatever waypoint you have loaded in the 430 and/or internal gps.

That's why I said "VHF" pointer! Yup - you also get a GPS pointer - but the truth is, I don't use the HSI display as much as I thought I would before getting used to full-up moving maps with intersections (and the like) displayed.

Paul

Yes, you will get the GPS and VOR pointer but I don't know if you can get more then one VOR pointer.

GRT can see 2 pointers from an SL30

Jim -

I feed the GRT HSI with a 155xl and an SL30. If you set the SL30 to monitor a second VOR, the GRT will put a second pointer on the monitored VOR. The display will use different colors for the primary and monitored VOR.

Dave Woboril