rvator4twa

Well Known Member
Patron
I have a GRT Horizon 1 single screen EFIS with internal GPS and an SL-40 which has flip/flop freq. I need to wire the RS232 serial out from the radio into the EFIS and then down to the Infinity stick grip coolie switch for toggling the freq. change. Can anyone help an electrically challenged builder?

I don't know which EFIS pin to route it to or how to connect it to the stick grip.

Thanks,
Ron Burnett
RV-6A finishing

May be dumb question, but why run the flip-flop through the H1? Why not just run it directly from the SL-40 to the stick?

If you're actually trying to do a frequency load from the H1 to SL-40, then you may have an issue with that as I don't think that's supported; I seem to recall that feature didn't work with SL-40, but it did with SL-30. Then again, I could be wrong on that one by now.

There is no remote frequencey transfer function on an SL-40 radio. You need to choose one of the available serial ports on the Horizon and wire the tx (out) to the rx (in) on the radio. Then you'll have frequency tuning capabilities from the horizon's databse. Either way, there isn't anything you can do to utilize the coolie hat switch here.

Hope that helps,

Chris

I wanted to be able to select the radio freq. supplied by the GRT EFIS to the SL-40 which Will happen with the RS323 serial from the radio into the EFIS. Then I wanted to toggle the coolie hat switch to select the radio freq. displayed.