Dan92

Well Known Member
Here is a pic from GRT's booth at Sun n Fun, their newest addition and the one that Carlos recently hinted at. The bottom HX shows a feed from an internal or external video camera. Carlos says it should be available in a week or so. The pic is not that great but it shows a camera that is installed in their booth.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=sww9s2&s=5

Dan

I was kind of wondering that too! I think that there would be other features that would be higher on the priority list.

hey...did you untie the tail?
uh, no didn't you..?
I forgot..hold on let me check rearview camera.

I think the camera is up front for the nose draggers to see if there are any potholes about to flip them over! :D (here we go!)

All I can say (with a sigh) is that I hope that the bugs that I have on my list are resolved in the next production release.

I would like to see them get the XM WX to work properly in Canada. It still won't show the Canadian metars but it works in the Garmin products.

I would like to see them get the XM WX to work properly in Canada. It still won't show the Canadian metars but it works in the Garmin products.

Don't feel bad, I haven't come across anyone that has been able to achieve any kind of real stability (ie. works all the time) with their XM to serial output box used for the H1 displays, myself included. I have one abandoned behind my panel since I got one HX display that can take the USB out of the WxWrox box directly.

Hmmm... I like the forward looking infrared idea, that would be cool and I'm sure that might be part of their thinking.

But with a video feed, I might be tempted to put a display in front of my wife (or in the back seat of the -10) and feed a DVD player or TV turner into it. Just have to patch the audio into a panel and then everyone can watch television if they want.

They get a screen to use, and I get a backup display in the event I need it. It's a win/win with no wasted panel space or weight.

Hmmm... I like the forward looking infrared idea, that would be cool and I'm sure that might be part of their thinking.

But with a video feed, I might be tempted to put a display in front of my wife (or in the back seat of the -10) and feed a DVD player or TV turner into it. Just have to patch the audio into a panel and then everyone can watch television if they want.

They get a screen to use, and I get a backup display in the event I need it. It's a win/win with no wasted panel space or weight.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the picture Phil - I have no need for a TV picture on my panel (visual, FLIR, or otherwise), given the operations I do, and the good forward visibility from the -8, but as a place to put TV to keep passengers busy in a -10? not a bad idea.....

Of course, I'd love to see them working on a glareshield "repeater" box for the AOA function, so I can see it during approach....:D

Hummmm,

Short sighted are we.....? FLIR of course..!!

I have 4 cameras mounted and the do serve a puropse well at least one of them.....I can see who's on my 6.

I would love to add flir now but the camera costs are way too high for the few times a year I would be in the soup.....

I expected to see a new software release.....???????

"Of course, I'd love to see them working on a glareshield "repeater" box for the AOA function, so I can see it during approach...." Ditto Paul...... Other functions also..!!

Last edited: