Doug

Well Known Member
I have an EIS 4000. Where is the best place for the connections between thermocouple and the extension wire from the pre-wired connector? Am I correct in locating these in the engine compartment rather than behind the firewall?

I am installing the cabling but do not yet have the engine installed so it is not clear where these connection should be located.

Thanks,
Doug Gray

Forward of the F/W

Doug:

I think GRT made this decision for you. The bayonet leads are not long enough to go aft through the firewall from all 4 jugs. The aft ones might make it through the firewall but not at a central location. To do so would reguire splicing more wire to the bayonet leads. Just 1 more break in your runs.

Jekyll
7A, TMX-IO-360 (B1B)

Thanks,

I suspected they were not long enough but without the engine in place it was impossible to be sure. I just needed someone to say this.
Doug Gray

EIS 4000

I have an EIS 4000 installed in my RV7A and the connections between thermocouple are connected near were the engine mount bolted to firewall bottom bolts. I used WDG clamps to hold them to the engine mount.
Squeak

Hi Doug,
I like to run the wires from the EIS through the firewall just below the upper-right engine mount bolt. Route and secure all the CHT/EGT wires through the cabin and pass them through the firewall. From there I'd wait until the engine is hung and exhaust is in place. This way you can work from the probes back to the EIS wires, resulting in nice orderly wiring runs.

Good Luck.

I have an EIS 4000. Where is the best place for the connections between thermocouple and the extension wire from the pre-wired connector? Am I correct in locating these in the engine compartment rather than behind the firewall?

I am installing the cabling but do not yet have the engine installed so it is not clear where these connection should be located.

Thanks,
Doug Gray