johnfurey

Well Known Member
For those of you with the a GRT.. Both my oil pressure and fuel pressure readings with the engine OFF vary greatly. They may show 1 one time and 6 the next time. This also translates into a higher or lower inflight reading. I have replaced both sending units with no change. I now have another EIS test unit but it does the same thing. If this is the nature of the beast so be it. If not I would like to correct it. Thanks.

I agree. They are very helpfull. I had a hardware failure on my new Sport and they turned it around in 1 day. Sandy said my issue is not normal and sent me the new sending units and the test EIS but no change. She suggested changing the wires next??? I plan to try running a ground from the senders.

I agree. They are very helpfull. I had a hardware failure on my new Sport and they turned it around in 1 day. Sandy said my issue is not normal and sent me the new sending units and the test EIS but no change. She suggested changing the wires next??? I plan to try running a ground from the senders.

A common symptom to varying probes, etc, is that the ground isn't solid. Vibrations may cause intermittent issues with a broken wire, bad crimp, etc. I'm sure that you have already thought of this. Good luck in finding the issue.

bob

Thanks guys. I think we are all on the right path. I woke up last night realizing that my oil/fuel pressure manifold is powder coated :eek: Looks pretty but not good for the ground I'm sure. I will report my results. Thanks again.

I grounded the sending units with a lead and the readings jumped to 0. :D So I buffed off the powder coating on the manifold and all is well. Thanks you everyone for your help.