dromuald

Anyone ever experience a problem on their GRT HS 1 EFIS like this. On power up it rapidly cycles through multiple displays as if a button or knob is stuck. All knobs and buttons seem to be free. The lower display works fine on all display pages. This problem occurs engine on or off, and I have reseated all of the connections on the back of the unit. Typically during power up after it loads the internal software there is a "accept" prompt. The display blows right past this and goes right into its rapid cycling routine. I will be calling GRT tomorrow and suspect I will be sending it in for repair.

Welcome to VAF!

Dave, welcome aboard the good ship VAF.

What generation of GRT do you have??

The original units had a small percentage of units where the basic operating system went crazy, I had one do it last year.

GRT took care of it at no charge, only cost me shipping to them. They are great folks to work with.

Call GRT is the correct action as far as I am concerned.

Good luck, and again, welcome to VAF.

thanks Mike,

I believe it is one of the first generations. I bought the plane from someone else with it already installed. It is a dual Horizon HS 1 setup. I have been very happy with it until this occurred. I hope it is an easy fix that doesn't take too long. I hate to miss our beautiful summer flying weather.

Yes, it is an easy fix if it is the same problem mine had.

Biggest thing was having to reset all the configuration details-------Carlos at GRT can help you through this. You are close enough to fly there even.

Once you get things working correctly again it is possible to download all the settings onto a thumb drive, so if you ever have to have the unit worked on again, you can just reload the configuration settings. Save you a lot of hair pulling and time. Wish I would have know about saving the settings before my unit failed ................