carlrai

Well Known Member
Patron
Just started wiring EIS to EFIS displays and being Saturday, GRT is closed so thought I'd post a question here.

Have a GRT Mini and 2 - 10.1 inch displays.

The Mini will be independent of the two larger screens so I know that will require a branch of the EIS serial out.

To display engine parameters on the two 10.1 inch displays, does it require branching the EIS Serial Out to the second display or will the serial display link between the two pass the information to the second screen?

My dilemma - two or three branches for the engine data?

Hope someone can help so I don't have to wait until Monday to call.

Thanks.

my choice

Both my RVs have 3 GRT displays that I wired the EIS serial directly to each EFIS display. I do not remember if the serial link between displays shares the EIS data or not, but I did not want to depend on it. That was my choice years ago and it has worked well for both my RVs.

EIS data is shared.

I think the Inter-Display Link can speak to up to 8 displays and share a lot of data, including the engine data and limits. When the limits are different from one displat to another, you will get the option to push a common set or accept differences.

One can also wire the EIS info to each or some displays in case the "supply" EFIS goes dead for some reason.

I have four displays (10.1, 2x-MINI, EX) linked with only one connection to the EIS (600R). Be sure to consider running both the serial IN and OUT wires from the EIS to your EFIS. That way, if you choose, you have the option to set all values from the EFIS and have the EIS be very "remote".

Thanks for info

I was just about to wire the EIS data to all three
Thanks for confirming your success with same.

Best