BlackRV7

Well Known Member
I'm spending this rainy day doing some harness wiring on Black Magic. I previously had my Dynon D10 sending gray code to my Garmin 327. Since I have upgraded the Dynon to a 10A, if I still want to use the Dynon to send now serial to the 327 I've got to just plug into the 327 serial in. One wire and move the ground...after I have already removed a boatload of gray code wire.

Next question, since I am using the new GRT Horizon HS/paid for upgrade to HX DU, do I gain an advantage in having the GRT send serial to the 327 over the Dynon. If so, it looks like it is simply a one wire serial output 6 from the A1 pin to number 19 on the 327.

I am assuming correctly, if I want to hookup the Dynon it would go into the slot 19 on the 327?

With all that said, I am not going to hook up both to the 327.....gotta be one or the other. You GRT users, I guess the answer for me is do I gain anything by using the GRT over the Dynon? It's no big deal to me, I'm simply on the Dynon wiring at the moment.

Thanks,

Last edited:
50/50 I think.... I don't see any advantage one way or the other.... Assuming the two systems line up during calibration checks.

Something that might be worth thinking about - I have a DB25 male / female plug pair which I use as a poor mans 'approach hub'. Basically most of the key avionics lines are terminated one side or the other and patched through. In this case I would have the GRT serial #x and the Dynon serial on one side (in theory female pins) and the GTX serial input on the male side of whatever I picked on the day. The nice thing is to change it over it is just a pin change on the DB25 - no mucking around on the instrument DBs....

HTH,

Carl