Chip

Greetings all,

Capturing DEMO files from the GRT HX EFIS is a really useful tool in learning how to properly use the system functions, but it would be most useful to be able to review them on home computers. GRT wasn't able to tell me of any conversion software that would allow the files to be run on a PC, or, preferably, on a Mac. Is anyone up to speed on some way to accomplish that goal?

Thanks much for the help,
Chip Sieglinger

Chip,

There used to be a package called GRT Bridge that linked a GRT EFIS to Microsoft Flight Simulator. Essentially FS gave all the inputs to the EFIS. This probably isn't exactly what you are looking for, but if you have your EFIS out of the plane, you can use it to "learn" the EFIS. It is how I wrote the Sport and HX manuals. I just Googled "GRT Bridge" but was unable to find any link to it. Jeff or Greg or probably Mark at GRT should know about it.

If you think Bridge would be useful, Carlos Fernandez (former GRT guy) who set me up with GRT Bridge lives nearby and I can ask him about it. He may still have a copy and would know about the hardware necessary to interface the units.

DeCode which is available on the website is great for viewing EFIS data and will also show the flight path on Goggle maps. When you have the data in Excel, you can easily draw graphs of any parameter as a function of time. That is pretty helpful looking for problems.

Hope this helps.

Jim Butcher

Thanks for the thoughts, Jim. I did speak to Mark at GRT, who suggested I talk to Jeff, but he wasn't in. I'll try again, but really don't have too much hope that there's a way to actually convert those .LOG files to something like QT, .mp4, or .mov, which would allow viewing on the home machine. I don't want to be pulling the EFIS out and bringing it home.

Regards, and thanks again,
Chip