shiney

Well Known Member
I am setting up dual GRT with AvMap in the central location. What do you think are the pros and cons of putting the GRT GPS in P1 or P2 position ?

It's configurable

The GRT, if you buy it that way, allows each screen to display anything and the two screens are connected by a serial connection so that they talk to each other. For instance, my EIS is only connected to one, my 496 is only connected to one and my AHRS is only connected to one, but I can display flight, moving map or engine stuff on either at any time. I may be alone in this, but I almost never use the GRT moving map because the 496 is A. better and B. centrally located just below the GRT which is directly in front of my nose, usually displaying the flight stuff (horizon, airspeed, altitude, etc).

If I had to do it today I'd get the larger screen and just display the engine stuff across the bottom of the single screen.

If your asking which unit shoudl have the GPS installed, it doesn't make any difference - the data will be shared across both of them. I have one installed in my bottom HS display unit, call it "GPS 2", and get that data on either unit. (GPS 1 is my GNS 430)