Special Delivery

Well Known Member
As some of you already know, my mission has changed and I've chosen, with regret, to sell my dual GRT Horizon EFIS system and EIS. Inasmuch as this is a big ticket item, before shipment to a buyer I sent the units to GRT for evaluation and software upgrades, fully expecting to pay reasonable charges for the service.

I don't have any ranking or affiliations with GRT, but after my telephone conversation today with Sandy at GRT, I felt like a VIP customer. "There's no charge for the service" Sandy said, "that's a routine (no charge) service we offer to ALL of our customers".

I expressed my sincere thanks to Sandy, but my brain was thinking I should do something to further express my appreciation. It came to me... "Sandy", I said, "while I appreciate the follow-up services GRT extends to its customers, I can't accept these services for free. In lieu of payment, I'm going to send a donation through VAF to the Make-A-Wish Foundation as a token of my appreciation".

Is a simple Thank You enough? ... usually more than enough. Are there times when we should give special recognition to a company or an individual that demonstrates service above self? ...I think so.

Have a Great Day!

Last edited:
You know Ernie, every time you post, you prove to us all that there are still special people in this world, and you can find them everywhere....

Paul

GRT Experience

When I got caught up in the Accuracy Avionics fiasco, Grand Rapids went out of their way to help me get my equipment. They helped me on pricing to 'repay' for my system. They were also very acomadating on delivery and support for the components. I can't say enough good stuff about GRT's customer service and the support for their product.

Eric Kallio

And I can't say enough for all the great services that I have got from GRT, Sandy knows my by name just as I say hello. But they have been great in post sell support and helping getting me to understand and setup things.

Of course their product has been so great and I absolutely love my GRT EIFS, it makes IFR so much easier.

Thank you guys
Mehrdad
RV7A - IO360M1B

I am glad to hear such good reports about GRT. I have purchased a 4 screen EFIS set up for my RV7 and being in Oz it is good to know I can expect good support.:)
Cheers
Phil

GRT Customer Service

I too cannot say enough about the customer service of GRT. They have helped me more times than I can count, even if I used both hands and feet.

GRT customer service is why I am a:

RV-10 3 screen GRT system

RV-7 2 screen GRT system

RV-3 1 sceen GRT system ( I would have considered more screens but the RV-3 panel is a little small in comparision to the RV-10 and RV-7).

Yep ....me too ...

Add me to the list. All my contacts with GRT have been superb. Both Carlos and Sandy have been totally helpful and friendly at every one of my dumb questions and "nuisance inquiries". :D

Terry