n38139

Well Known Member
Have any of you installed a GRT autopilot in your airplane and how did you mount the servos? They look pretty similar to my TT servos in my RV4. I was considering using TT brackets but I am not sure it the GRT servos will work or fit. Any input?

thanks,

Steve

Mine was a one for one replacement.

I made the change a few months ago. R&R type operation.
BTW the GRT AP is most impressive.
Don

I ordered the pitch and roll kits from Stein.
The roll servo is mounted in the wing just like the 7/9
The pitch mounts at the rear bell crank
Good luck

The trutrak brackets will work. The GRT servos have the same hole pattern. I called and verified. Then installed them in my -4.

Yes.

Apache,

Are you saying you used the TruTrak brackets?

thanks,

Steve

It was "remove the TT and install the GRT." I have about 50 hours on this new set up and sure do like the GRT autopilot. Not quite Airbus 380 but really close.

How hard/time consuming is the installation....?

I have been considering upgrading my -4. How hard/time consuming is it to install the servos in a flying -4? (I did build the plane, but with young kids, time seems harder to come by...) Also, when flying the aircraft (with the AP engaged), would I "feel" any drag, slop, or other sensations that would detract from the -4's wonderful flying qualities?

Thanks,

Dean

RV4

I have a ADI Pilot II in my RV4 and it works great. You don't feel the servos when you are flying. The only reason I am not putting in another TT autopilot is just a cost issue because it is much cheaper to do the GRT since my EFIS will drive the servos.