FlynBrian

I'm getting very close to ordering my fuselage kit and I've decided on both Grove master cylinders and Grove airfoil gear. I also see that they offer wheels and brakes. I am building a taildragger so stopping power has to be limited. If there is a significant weight savings with the Grove wheels I'd probably go that direction but I cant find any data stating such. Are they worth the extra cost?

Last edited:
Probably not, but think of this.

They are exquisitely built and you support a family run firm who supports EAA and RV's.

I have used Robbie's stuff exclusively in 4 aeroplanes now - never disappointed and always great service.

Grove

I do not have any experience with Matco wheels and brakes, but based upon what I read I deleted them from the kit and ordered Groves. The folks at Grove were willing to speak with me on the phone and answered all my questions. The Grove wheels and brakes appear to be very high quality. In my opinion they seem to be as good or better than Clevelands, which have been the gold standard in the certified world.

I would recommend buying the Grove's. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Thanks for the input. There is definitely something to be said for quality. They just might be the right choice for me.