RONSIM

Well Known Member
I am planning on changing my nose wheel setup from the original Cleveland (1993 RV-6A) to a Grove ---- not planning on going tubeless. I think I have read that the standard Van's tube will not work with the Grove? If not, what do I need to order?

Thanks for the help,

Ron

If I understand your question correctly, Having changed several Matco nose wheel wheels to a Grove wheel the standard Vans NOSE wheel tube and tire fit. Never seen a different nose wheel tire or tube size on 6/7/8/9 A models Cleveland/Matco /Grove unless things have changed recently.

Larry

Last edited:
Grove wheel

I read back awhile that grove makes two different nose wheels the original standard filler valve facing up and the offset one to use with Van's type of inner tube. Be sure you get the tube that leaks slowly compared to standard tube.

Ron,

As I was recently advised on this forum, consider the Matco nose wheel modified with sealed ball bearings (replacing the tapered roller bearings) and a balanced tire. I just ordered one from antisplataero.com

Tom

I will query Allen at AntiSplat

Tom --- thanks --- I will find out from Allen what a complete set up with the Matco wheel, axle, and sealed bearings would cost me.

Ron